Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pulsing

Illuminated hand
grasps for
elusive muscle

cavernous hole
misplaced keys
i could see

but this,
How could
a light-worker

lose her heart?
Maybe it reabsorbed
from lack of use

Perhaps a match,
foggy lenses
there's an echo

so cold
yodel
couldn't help it

the acoustics
Hel-lo
any body in here?

Hmmm maybe it's
these bandages,
Uncoil them

from my eyes
ahhh now
what's this?

why it's me
all tangled up
in nots

have not
want not
why not?

a bakers
string knotted
round my core

hand roped behind
my back
I am knitting

a prayer shawl
with my fears
unravel this mess

maybe underneath
all this sinew
it waits for me

pulsing

A.S.
6/3/09

2 comments:

  1. love this and all the poems you are creating! Love you Jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mama,
    This one would make great lyrics in a Nicey Nicey tune, what do you think?
    XO
    A~

    ReplyDelete